Wednesday, March 25, 2015

It's me again...


Good morning y'all. It has been a crazy week of ups and downs. There have definitely been some highs and lows around the Weas household.

Skylar had an amazing opportunity on Saturday to audition for the Berkeley Center for the Arts. It is an arts focused high school located on the Goose Creek High School campus. She had auditions for both theater and voice. She had to perform two musical selections and then recite 2 monologues. She chose Phantom of the Opera as one of her pieces and was assigned a scene from The Glass Menagerie for the other. I thought she practiced really well, but I didn't get to actually watch the auditions. She was very nervous because this was her first time on stage for an actual audition, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. If she gets in, this is where she will complete her high school degree. It will allow her to focus on her love of performing. It will be a big change for all of us, but I am hoping that if she enjoys school more that she will buckle down... that is for another post however. I am so very proud of her but I am kind of sad that if she makes it, she won't go to Dear Old Berkeley High. Wait a minute, maybe that is a GOOD thing! lol

The obligatory selfie. Twins!
Who is this beautiful grown up girl???
While we were at the auditions on Saturday morning, Mom and Dad took the other two kids to Cypress Gardens where Peyton succumbed to the stomach bug that we have been passing around. Poor thing never gets sick and she has NEVER thrown up before. She was pretty traumatized by the whole thing and honestly didn't know what was happening. She did not eat for three days because she was afraid that she would get sick again. It was so pitiful. Makes me very thankful for how healthy she has always been, and I can't wait to banish this bug for good! (Mom came down with it on Monday and Matt had it yesterday. It is a nasty one!)

Poor thing sacked out on the couch. She slept most of day.
 
After her first taste of Pepto. LMAO
Brayden is doing well. He is really good at baseball and seems to be enjoying himself. We are struggling a bit with attitude, but we are working on it. I have been trying a combination of essential oils on his feet every morning in hopes that it will help with his ADHD. He grumbles about the smell but always submits his feet willingly. I have a feeling he believes that it is helping even though he would never admit it. lol Stubborn Man Child!
Me and my boy and the Carolina sunset

I have not been doing a lot with KTbug Creations lately but I really need to get back to it. Look for some new offerings on the FB page soon! Lately, I have been having some fun with creative play that is just for me. Mom and I are taking the Lifebook online course again this year, and I have managed to do several of the lessons so far. They have been amazing! I can't wait to dive into this week's and show you the project. It is one of Juliette Crane's owls and everyone knows how much I love owls!!! Juliette is amazing as well!

My favorite thing that I have been doing is "Bible Art Journaling". It is one of the "new things" right now and it seemed to be right up my alley. I could study God's Word and play with art supplies...what could be better??? lol I was terrified, at first, because I couldn't get past the fact that "this was a BIBLE!" It took me a very long time to make the first mark in it. I had to convince myself that art journaling was the whole reason I purchased this specific journaling bible and that it would be okay. I love the lion page below, but I think my style is more like the second one. I had a hard time coloring over the words even though for the most part, you can still read them. I will probably stick within the margins on most of my pages. I am a "liner-upper" like that. lol It is fun though to read through the Word and spend time thinking about how to illustrate specific text. It has really helped me to be able to make time in my day to spend with God. I am still trying to convince Skylar that she should join me. She is highly offended that I am "defacing the Word of God" but I think she will come around. 



If you are interested in learning more, Rebekah Jones has free lessons every week and she is amazing. You can find them here: Bible Art Journaling Challenge


Thanks for stopping by!!!
KT



1 comment:

  1. This is even better than Project Life..You are DOING it!!! Love the whole thing..Hope you can print and keep a real copy..you know how I am about being able to touch it!!Keep it up!!Its a Good Thing, Martha!!

    ReplyDelete