Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wow!!! Catching up on a year and a half

So hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since I last blogged. I have been reading a lot of blogs lately and feeling the pull to get back into it. So...hopefully this will be the first post of many. I haven't decided whether I want to continue on with this one or start fresh. On the one hand, it feels like that chapter has been closed but on the other, I am still "re-adjusting my sails" as it were. I think that I will start here so that I can at least get the ball rolling. As my life grows and my focus changes, I may look at beginning a new one but for now, you can find me right here. :-)

To catch everyone (at least I hope there will be a few readers, lol) up on the last year and a half, my divorce was final in April of 2014. It was tough but I got through it. Matt actually got remarried two weekends ago and I wish them well. It was definitely a rough day for me but it gave me a lot of closure so that is good.


The kids are all doing well. Skylar is 13 now and definitely the typical teenager. Eye rolls, smart mouth and locked doors seem to be the norm in my house. Oh, to be that age again... Honestly, you couldn't pay me! lol She is working hard on getting her grades up though. She started softball last week and is doing well there. She also has two auditions this Saturday for the Berkeley Center of the Arts. It is an alternative type of high school where they place the focus on the arts. We are very proud of her and are keeping our fingers crossed.

Brayden is 10 and typical boy. You will find him playing video games more often than not, although we force him to go outside as often as possible. lol He still struggles with his ADHD but we have been very lucky to have teachers that understand and accommodate. He has been in the Gifted and Talented program for the last two years and seems to be doing well. He even joined an engineering club that meets after school on Fridays. Their first project is to build a bridge out of toothpicks just like I did in the 6th grade. He is so excited about it and it is nice to see him get involved in something at school. He also started baseball last week and I can see a lot of improvement. I enjoy watching him play and can't wait for the season to start.

Then, there is Peyton. She is still our little Spitfire. You never know what you are going to get with her. She loves to be helpful and is always doing little things like setting the table, helping with dinner or making drinks for everyone. She can turn the attitude on just as quickly however so you have to be careful with your words. Some days it is just a struggle all around. She is very loving though and so smart. She loves to do her school work. In fact, as soon as she gets home from school, she is getting out her homework and getting started. She takes pride in getting her work done and loves when she gets good grades. I love to watch how her mind works. She is always thinking/calculating. One of our neighbors likes to say that "She is either going to set the world on fire or burn it down." lol She is not playing ball this season. Not sure what turned her off to softball but I am hoping one day she will change her mind. She has such potential. For now though, she is content to play with her friends and idolize her older siblings.

As for me, I am plugging along. I am still at MUSC and love my job and my coworkers. I started a "handmadie" business last year called KTbug Creations and have done really well with that. I also joined a community group through Freedom Church and have met some of the most fabulous women that I am proud to call my friends. They have been a tremendous blessing to me. It has been a year of self-discovery and learning about what I want and what I need as well as who I am. At 41, I feel like I am probably the happiest that I have been in a very long time and that is such an amazing feeling.

I am looking forward to blogging more and hopefully being able to inspire others as the blogs that I read inspire me. Look for more posts about my creative adventures, stories about raising kids and the scariest of all...dating! That could be a blog on its own. lol


Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you will come back soon!
KT

3 comments:

  1. Wow..way to sum it up..lot quicker written than lived!!! It is what you make it...go for it..and you KNOW already..if it doesn't break you, it makes you stronger...Every day..you get another chance!!! Love you..forever and always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep shining Katie! You keep striving to walk with God and He will give you the desires of your heart! Your children are blessed to have such a great person as their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like I never left...love you as always and I am glad you choose not to die on that hill!! :)

    ReplyDelete