Saturday, November 17, 2012

Creativity Abounds

 
This week was a week of creativity for me. I am not sure where the motivation came from, but it sure was fun!
 
With the cooler temperatures that we have been having, I decided to break out the yarn and crochet hooks and fashion some new cold weather "gear" for us to wear. Okay, more for ME to wear but I have some things in the works for the girls for Christmas. First came the hats, and then I moved on to the shrugs. The purpley-pink one was supposed to be for me and one-size-fits-all, but obviously I am just not that one size! It will be for the girls to wear if they can ever decide which one gets it.
 
 



 
Next on the agenda, I decided to tackle a canvas. I have a new found love for acrylic paints and this one is inspired by Donna Downey. I was trying to step out of the box a little but according to Mom, this one "looks just like me". Not sure if that is a compliment or not. One of these days maybe I won't be quite so predictable. I did get my fingers a little messy so there is still hope! lol
 
 
And finally, today was Mom's birthday and I remembered how much she liked my pendant from the Brave Girl Art School. I decided to make her one with her signature word "Grow". She loved it and thinks that I ought to make more and sell them. What do you think? Would you pay $15 for a customized version? I love the combination of metal and leather. They are definitely unique.
 
 
So, other than all of that, everything else remains pretty much status quo. Work is going well and I just can't believe that it is almost Christmas. We have had a lot of changes in 2012, but I am excited about all of the new possibilities for 2013. It is looking like it could be our best year yet. I am so blessed to have three fabulous, healthy kids, a supportive and loving family and hobbies that I love that fill me with joy. I honestly don't think I have ever been more at peace and it is a wonderful feeling.
 
Hope that everyone has a great week. Don't forget to leave me some love by way of comments and sign up on the right to get notified whenever I post a new blog post. I am really going to try to be better and not let 10 more days go by without writing.
 
Hugs!
KT

2 comments:

  1. I love the things that you've made Katie. I wish I had time to sit & work on all the creative things bouncing around in my head. And I agree with mom- you SHOULD sell your stuff. Start an Etsy store. I get dibs on the first sold necklace though. :) (((((()))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...fun way to track accomplishments that tend to get lost in the shuffle..with all your creativity, I should have birthed you as a Scorpio..Absolutely LOVE my pendant..it is ME! Thank YOU! Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete