Thursday, November 8, 2012

Re-Adjusting My Sails

So a few weeks ago, a couple of friends of mine suggested that I start a blog. There are a couple ladies that we follow online and apparently they think that I would be just as good at this as them and have something worthwhile to say. lol

I have been thinking about it ever since and when I saw this quote today on Facebook, I knew that would be my inspiration:

"She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails." - Elizabeth Edwards

 
I just love that quote and it was exactly what I was looking for.  How profound! Elizabeth Edwards was an amazing lady and I only hope that I can live by her example.

So, anyway, I don't know if I can live up to my buddies' expectations but I am going to give it a go. Not sure of a direction or a subject or a set of rules for the blog at this point, so I am just going to wing it. 

If you are here and reading, welcome! I hope to chronicle everyday life as a middle-aged single mom who is struggling to raise her kids, work a full time job, keep the faith and lose some weight in the process. LOL As with the other blogs that my friends and I read, maybe somewhere and someday it will help inspire some lovely lady to either keep on doing what she's doing or to make a change for the better. 

I can't promise to always be PC. I can't promise that I won't pull any punches or tell it like it is. This is MY story and you will either like it or you won't. I hope that you read and if you like it, subscribe and/or leave a comment. I am looking forward to sharing a little piece of me with you and to hearing back from you in the process.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs!
KT


4 comments:

  1. You can do it... And do it for yourself! Looking forward to reading more. I struggle with 'adjusting my sails'. Somedays I get it right...and somedays I feel those sails slapping me in the face. Just keep on keeping on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You manage to inspire me everyday with your strength and courage! I am so excited to get to peak inside your heart through your blog :)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!..Copied the quote when I saw it..cant wait to see the new art work..what a vision!!That said..profile needs adjustment..no way I can have a middle aged daughter! Webster says "Middle age..Human age.. between 40 and 60"..you in a hurry? You are a YOUNG mom ...keep tweakin' the sails..!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what can I say, I have watched you grow and blossom. Now I get to watch you let your children bloom. I read this quote and thought of you.."Life is short, do what needs to be done to get yourself on the path you want..." I am looking forward to reading all about the path you and your children will be taking....LY - Your Moms BFF

    ReplyDelete