Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We CAN do it!!!

So it has been a little while since I posted last, but I am doing great. I signed up for the gym last week like I said that I was going to. I ended up going that next day and I worked out too! (Man, this accountability thing can be tough but it works!)


I went to the gym three days last week, and so far, I have been three days this week. I am planning to round out the week by going tomorrow and Friday. I am a realist and I know that I probably won't go every day of every week, but I am enjoying it right now so I'm gonna keep the momentum going. In addition, two of the girls at work signed up with a possible third joining this week. That has been a great motivator and a lot of fun. It is always nice to have accountability partners.Thanks Ash, Melissa and Chris!!!!


This week we decided to try out a couple of classes. They have been interesting. It is kind of fun to switch it up and see what the different options are like. Monday was Zumba Gold. Basically, that is Zumba for senior citizens. (No offense, it really is! lol) It is a much slower pace and easier movements. Ashley went with me and we figured that was a good place for us to start since neither of us had done a Zumba class before. It was okay, but we definitely didn't feel like we had gotten much of a workout. (We actually spent the last ten minutes of our lunch on the ellipticals to get some hardcore in.) Tuesday, Ashley worked out on her own and I tried the regular Zumba class. It was a little better but still not what I was looking for. I want a little faster pace and to really feel like I am "shaking my tail feathers". (I used to be pretty good at that back in the day. lol)

Today, Melissa, Ashley and I tried out a Body Bar class. Basically you have a set of weighted bars and you push your body to the limit with repetitive lifts and movements. It was intense to say the least. We were all sweating and shaking by the end, but there was a lot of laughing too. Needless to say, we ALL felt like we got our workout in today. I don't know that I will be able to move tomorrow! I liked it though. I think down the road it will be a good class for me. I need to get to a higher fitness level before I will really enjoy it. There weren't many "larger" people in the class and probably for good reason. lol I have to be careful with my knee though. There were a couple of things that I either couldn't do or had trouble doing so I had to modify. Sucks getting old!

 (This WILL be me one day!)

So, all of that and walking every night on top of it, and where do I stand on the scale you say? Let's just say that we are having a love/hate relationship right now. All of that work and it hasn't budged...not one single pound! Stinks but I am okay with it. I know that it takes awhile to get on track. Right now, my body is adjusting. My metabolism is changing. And I am breaking down muscles to build them back up. It's okay that the same number is on the scale because I know that it is only a number and in a week or two (or however long it takes), that number will start to go down. Right now, I am focusing on the fact that I feel better. I am doing something about the problem, making positive steps in the right direction and I am moving my body. That is a whole lot more than I was doing before so I am proud of the effort that I have been making. Hopefully in a week or two, it will just become habit and the results will start showing up.



So, what did you do today??? And if you didn't do anything, that's okay! Let's make a commitment to start tomorrow. We CAN do this!!! All it takes is one little step to get yourself moving.

KT


1 comment:

  1. How you feel is more important that what the numbers say..

    ReplyDelete