Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Accountability - Part 2

So, here we go with the accountability again. Didn't work so well for me the last time (well, I guess it did until I quit posting, lol) so let's see how it goes this time. I am hoping to continue blogging regularly so I guess I need to come up with a schedule. Most blogs that I read have specific topics for the days of the week like MILF Mondays, Throwback Thursdays, Freaky Fridays... I think I am going to need to incorporate that so that I can stay on track.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, last week I made the decision that I was going to get back on the weight loss wagon. I started out at 205 about this same time last year and then I joined the Lunchtime Losers program at work. Through that program, I lost a little over 20 pounds in 10 weeks. I think that my lowest weight was 183.2. I wasn't doing too bad until a couple of months ago even though I had slacked off with the diet and exercise. I wasn't losing anything but I was maintaining about 185 which was an improvement from the 205. (Pretty good considering I was eating my Momma's cooking every night!)

Well, I stopped weighing myself about that time as well. I can't say that I was shocked last week to get on the scale and see 192. Disappointed in myself, yes. But definitely not shocked. I felt it in the weight that I was carrying around and could definitely tell it in my clothes. 190 was a number that, at one point, I swore I would never see again. That was pretty much the kick in the pants that I needed to get back on track.

It started out okay. I watched what I ate for a few days. I tracked my calories on the MyFitnessPal app and I tried to make better food choices. I ate salad a couple of days for lunch and took yogurt and cheese sticks for snacks. I even did two nights of Jillian Michael's workouts which made me want to die! lol I increased my steps a little each day and felt like I was doing something productive. I managed to lose a couple of pounds in the process but then after a string of bad days, I just gave up.

I'm changing all of that starting tomorrow. I am not a quitter, and I am not going to let my weight define me for another day. I am better than that. I am more than that. Tomorrow I am getting back on track...again. And I will continue to get back on track for as many times as it takes. My ultimate goal is to be 150 so that means I have 40 more pounds to lose. It is a lot and if I am completely honest, it is extremely daunting. But I know that I have it in me to do this. I want to feel better about myself. I want to be able to do more things with my kids. I want to walk the stairs at work without getting winded!

Weight loss is hard. It takes work and determination and dedication, but it is possible. Tomorrow I am going to sign up at the gym at work. I have already proven that I can't do it on my own time. There is no possible way that I can do it in the morning. I already get up at 4:30. By the time I get home in the evening and get dinner (most often, thanks to Mom), homework, showers and kids in the bed, I am pretty much done myself. There is no motivation to do anything but go to bed. So...that leaves lunch time. It worked out well for the Lunchtime Losers program so here's to hoping that I can make it work for workouts. They have several lunch time class offerings and every kind of equipment imaginable. I am excited and a little bit nervous. lol

I hope that you will join me on this journey and follow along. There is going to be good, bad and probably a lot of extremely ugly. I know that I will need to be accountable though to keep myself in line. And, hopefully, though it all, I will be an inspiration to someone else on their journey to healthiness. Thanks for reading and supporting me. I truly have the best friends and family around and can't wait to get started!
KT


1 comment:

  1. I love it when a plan comes together..Remember when we used to do Curves at lunchtime?THat worked out great..Wasnt it Brayden in the infant seat watching us? Man..that was a lifetime ago!! How do you think Bella would like walking in the dark w/ a flashlight? Saw a lady doing that this evening..Yeah..YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete