Wednesday, October 9, 2013

C'est La Vie

Wow, so obviously my vow to post more often seemingly went by the wayside. It is hard to believe that it has been almost 10 months since I posted last. So many things have changed and yet still so far away from the ultimate goal. One day at a time...

To begin with, we did move out of the trailer finally. We got the house right across the street from Mom and Dad and it has been a Godsend. No more daycare. The kids can play in the yard, ride bikes, have friends. Mom and Dad are always there when I need a hand. I don't know what I would have done without them through all of this. They have truly been one of our biggest blessings. I couldn't manage otherwise.



Still circling the skies in the "SC Holding Pattern". Who knows when that will ever be resolved. We hit the one year mark back in August and are still no closer to being final. I was hoping that it would be over this year so we could all have a fresh start in 2014 but that isn't going to happen. I was pretty depressed about it for awhile but I have decided that what will be, will be. No use worrying over it because I can't change it. Our 13 year anniversary is next week. Man, seems like a lifetime ago. I can't regret it though because I have my kids and I wouldn't change that for the world.


The kids are all doing well. The two little ones had to change schools and leave all their friends which was really hard. They seem to be adjusting well though so that is good. Peyton is in second grade now and Brayden is in fourth. Skylar is in seventh and man, I don't know what to do with her sometimes. The preteen, hormonal girl angst is in full effect. She has made a new bff though which is great because I have worried about her not having any friends. Allie is the daughter of one of my old friends from high school and a really sweet girl. They are like two peas in a pod and they remind me a lot of me and Laura. I only hope that their friendship will last as long and be as strong as ours has been.



As for me, I have kind of been in a holding pattern myself. I lost 20 pounds at the end of last year and then I don't know what happened. I just gave up. I didn't gain it all back (only 5lbs) but I also haven't lost any more and I stopped doing things. I stopped dressing for me, I started eating everything and was really unhappy with myself. After an interesting weekend this past weekend, I made a few promises to myself. I was going to start working out again and eating better. (I AM going to lose that last 40 pounds!) I vowed to be more conscious of my appearance and not walk out of the house feeling less than the beautiful woman that I am. I have done pretty well so far. I am on Day 2 of my new workouts. (Jillian Michaels is a witch with a capital B, BTW!) And I have made a conscious effort when picking out my clothes to be more upbeat and stylish. I even bought some new makeup and hair products...


So, anyway, that is life as we know it today. A friend of mine asked me today about my blog and I figured it was about time to get back to it. Apparently, I am an inspiration to some people...who knew? lol I was quite flattered and really am going to try to get on here more often and update on my/our progress. I will share my weight loss struggle, the realities of raising kids, how I maintain my faith and hopefully in the near future some funny experiences from the crazy world of dating...that is if I ever have one! :-( Life as a Golden Girl is seriously looking better and better. I can't decide if I want to be Blanche or Sophia. What do you think???
KT

3 comments:

  1. What fun..feel like I am starting a new book..cant wait to see the next chapter! How bout just be KT..and dont forget to look for the JOY..everyday..sometimes you have to look a little harder than others..but its there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I feel like I have just started a new book..cant wait to read the next chapter!How bout just being KT??And dont forget to look for the JOY..every day..sometimes you have to look harder but its there! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peyton gave you the Joy..first thing in the morning.."You ARE beautiful!" I can just hear her saying it! What a way to start your day!

    ReplyDelete